Re: PL/SQL output to printer?

From: Hakan Eren <heren_at_erpdbo.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 20:44:31 -0500

Hi,

I have not used OWAS. However, I believe this can be done with Pro*C and a database procedure.
Database PL*SQL procedure should be called upon receipt of the purchase order notification. This procedure
will do two things:
1) Write purchase order details to a text. (Give a generic name to this text file by using sequences)
2) Write this text file name to a pipe (a memory area in the Oracle shared pool) by DBMS_PIPE function.

Pro*c program should be running/listening this pipe in the background. If something comes up, it prints the file.
You can delete this file as well. (Whatever you like).

Hakan

delete no after @ to reply

Note:
I can write a simple/sample app if you like. (Without OWAS since I did not work with it, It should be easy to pass parameters to a database side procedure).