Re: How to convert Oracle tables/views etc to text files

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 16:19:53 GMT

While this can be done with SqlPlus and the spool command, it is much easier with a report writing tool like Crystal Reports---This will allow you to export table/view data in many formats ( plain text, comma delimited text, html, etc) which can then be used to 'feed' other programs... Check out www.seagatesoftware.com for info on Crystal Reports 7

Hope it helps...

pgaur_at_cdotd.ernet.in wrote:

>Hi , There is a strong need for this aspect here and I don't know how to
>do it. Is there some way to convert the Oracle Table/views etc in Text files,
>so that these text files can be used by some other program. I am not very
>much familiar with Oracle programming as I am now these days only reading the
>manual of Oracle, till now I was not able to find any such possibility.
>Thanks in advance !!!!! Praveen Gaur

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Thu Jan 07 1999 - 10:19:53 CST