Please help!!!!What configuration can support the following requirement

From: <drona_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 14:40:06 GMT

Hi I need to plan the space estimation, reccommend hardware configuration and database design for a database supposed to receive 15 million calls per day. The biggest database I have ever designed and implemented is 7 million calls per day to be stored on-line for 60 days.This database is built on HP 10.20 with EMC hard disk and records were split between four tables per day depending certain criteria. But for the 15 million calls per days to be stored for 30 days on-line can I go ahead with ordinary HP box or should we think of main frame. Also how do I plan to store 15 million records. What is the response time I can think of . If you need some more information about the project let me know. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance Drona