Re: how to disable logging of listener?

From: <esiyuri_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 13:54:08 GMT

In article <7723sl$t7e$1_at_news.eunet.ch>,   "Roman" <Roman.Schoenbeck_at_hmi.ch> wrote:

> >Why don't you set LOG_FILE_<listener>=/dev/null
> Nice try, but on Win NT, this trick doesn't work!
> The NT-listener won't start with this parameter!

On DOS systems the "null" file is called "NUL" rather than "/dev/null", so you could try that, ie: LOG_FILE_<listener>=NUL

If that doesn't work, I believe that there is an undocumented setting that does what you want: LOGGING_<listener name>=OFF

I haven't tried these myself, so apologies if they don't actually work. Perhaps you could let us all know how you get on.

--
Regards
Yuri McPhedran