Re: Beginner Question ~ Connection Problem !

From: Roman <Roman.Schoenbeck_at_hmi.ch>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 12:21:44 +0100

Kenny Lim wrote in message <771nb7$g67$1_at_holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
>Hi All,
>
>When I try to log on, I get this error msg.
>
>ORA-03121 NO interface driver connected, function not performed.
>
>I can actually log on through plus80 but not sqlplus.
>Does anyone know how to resolve the connection problem ?
>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Kenny

This occurs when you try to connect to a (remote?) DB without specifing the connect string!
Try: sqlplus user/password_at_alias

If the database is remote:
The connect string (=alias) should be defined in your Oracle network connection e.g. with the connection manager (file: TNSNAMES.ORA).

If the database is local:
Define the variable ORACLE_SID to your SID of the DB.

I hope this helps,
Roman Received on Thu Jan 07 1999 - 05:21:44 CST