Too much redo! Help!

From: Tabassam Kayani <pq55_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 21:08:09 +0000

We have an overnight procedure which creates a large denormalised table by joining a number of existing tables. Unfortunately, more often than not, it fails to complete due to the large amount of redo generated (archived) and running out of disk space as a consequence.

Bearing in mind that we are running under 7.1.6, can someone please suggest how we can keep the redo generated to an absolute minimum ?

Thanks. Received on Wed Jan 06 1999 - 15:08:09 CST