Re: log_checkpoint_interval

From: Vimal <vthangavel_at_lucent.com>
Date: 6 Jan 1999 17:56:43 GMT

Hi,

You should first know whether you need to have check point to occur at half of redo log or full.

The value depends of the OS block size.

Divide the redolog file size by the OS block size.

If the redlog size is 500K then if the os size is 512 bytes the 250K/521 ~ 500.

If you want the check poin to occur at half the redo log file then make the value

LOG_CECK_POINT_INTERVAl = 250 ( unit is in bytes).

then you will have check point twice per redolog file (if it is 250K size).

You should shutdown and start up the db after the parameter change.

take care

vimal

alt_at_interchange.co.uk wrote in article <7705mk$pkb$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...