LOB Indexes

From: Glenn Berry <glenn.berry_at_gb-data.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 10:35:51 -0000

Hi All,

We're running Oracle 8.0.4.2 on Windows NT4.0 and SINIX 5.4.3 running NT Clustering, Observe on the SINIX.

Our problem is this.

We have a table which contains a BLOB using seperate tablespaces for the LOB data and the LOB index.

We have the initial sizings for the LOB index, but we believe it is hideously oversized, it has never gone into a second extent and we want to re-visit the sizings given to us.

Is there any way of determining the actual size used by a LOB index, Oracle say no, I'm wondering if there's an enterprising individual out there who has managed it at all.

We've used DBMS_LOB.GETLENGTH to obtain the used size for the LOB data but cannot find any way of doing similar for the LOB index.

TIA Glenn. Received on Wed Jan 06 1999 - 04:35:51 CST