Re: Oracle on NT vs. Solaris, first results

From: Fuzzy <granta_at_nospam.student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 23:04:58 GMT

On Tue, 05 Jan 1999 17:06:13 GMT, nigel_tufnel_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

[ ... lots of details snipped to save bandwdth ... ]

Nigel,

This is enjoyable stuff (for us readers, anyway). I'll stay tuned for more.

One point to make about NT though. Maximum process size is 2GB for NT Advanced Server, and 3GB for Enterprise Edition. 4GB is the maximum addressable memory space.

One anecdote to share. With the 7.1.6 install for NT, choosing custom install (and who wouldn't) gave ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO INSTALL THE LISTENER - picking it in the installer list did nothing!

Ciao
Fuzzy