Re: too many local sessions in global transaction

From: Eugene Gardner <Gene_at_VaxMan.prestel.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 19:36:52 GMT

Upgrading to a later version is worth while - even if only 7.3 you would see benefits.
I don't have access to Oracle right now but if you do something like: select value from v$parameter where name like '%processes'; you will see the current value for your instance. SESSIONS is, by default, calculated by Oracle based on the value of PROCESSES. So once you have the current PROCESSES value, try increasing it a bit by editing your INIT.ORA file appropriately. Don't go mad as other resource hungry parameters are based on this.

Eugene Gardner (unemployed).