Re: Changing the block size

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 19:51:20 +0100

Yes, there is

- export the database
- recreate the database with the new block size as per the init<sid>.ora
- import the database

There are numerous internal structures (table directories, row directories) which are directly depended from the block size. The block size can't be changed without recreating the database. NB: db_block_buffers is measured in blocks, not in k's

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA