Listener takes long to start

From: Thor Morten Kopaas <thor_at_geodata.no>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 18:26:10 +0100

Hei,

We have:
Oracle 7.3.3 on Solaris

After I received the following messages in my listener.log file I have had problems with the listener:
Before it happened the listener was working fine.

05-JAN-99 13:04:50 * 12560
TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
 TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
  Solaris Error: 71: Protocol error
05-JAN-99 13:13:50 * service_curload * sid1 * 12537 TNS-12537: TNS:connection closed
 TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
  TNS-00507: Connection closed

05-JAN-99 13:13:50 * 12560
TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
 TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
  Solaris Error: 71: Protocol error
05-JAN-99 13:22:51 * service_curload * sid1 * 12540 TNS-12540: TNS:internal restriction exceeded  TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
  TNS-00510: Internal restriction exceeded    Solaris Error: 71: Protocol error

When I start up the listener it takes several minutes to start. Also, when I run a status on it after it has started it takes several minutes before it responds back to me. The status seems to be fine. When trying to logg on to Oracle using SQLPLUS from any client (NT or Unix) SQLPLUS hangs and no messages are displayed. I have left it hanging for a very long time and nothing happes.

I have enabled listener tracing but there are no error messages and I can not see anything wrong.

I am greatfull if someone can give me some help.

Thanks,

Thor Morten Received on Tue Jan 05 1999 - 11:26:10 CST