Re: External authentication problem on Digital Unix

From: John Koo <johnkoo_at_i-wave.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 19:38:16 +0800

Malcolm Dunnett wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting external authentication working for
> Oracle 7.3 on Digital Unix 4.0d.
>
> I've set os_authent_prefix to "" and added myself as a user
> with "create user dunnett identified externally", but when I
> try to run sqlplus from that account it tells me the username/password
> is invalid.
>
> I've tried putting the username in quotes so it stays in lowercase
> (like the OS username), but that didn't help.
>
> We have C2 security enabled on the system.
>
> Has anyone got this type of setup working? What's the secret?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Malcolm Dunnett Malaspina University-College Email: dunnett_at_mala.bc.ca
> Computer Services Nanaimo, B.C. CANADA V9R 5S5 Tel: (250)755-8738
>
> "OpenVMS is today what Microsoft wants Windows NT v8.0 to be!"
> posted on www.openvms.digital.com on or about Sep 22,1998
> Quashed on Sep 23,1998

First of all, are your OS login name equal (exactly equal) to your Oracle username ??
Second, how are you trying to login using SQLplus ?? thru' a dumb terminal ?? a xterm session ??
and what is your sqlplus command look like ??

Simply put it, I want more details !

John Koo Received on Tue Jan 05 1999 - 05:38:16 CST