External authentication problem on Digital Unix

From: Malcolm Dunnett <dunnett_at_mala.bc.ca>
Date: 4 Jan 99 20:21:39 -0700

  I'm having trouble getting external authentication working for Oracle 7.3 on Digital Unix 4.0d.

  I've set os_authent_prefix to "" and added myself as a user with "create user dunnett identified externally", but when I try to run sqlplus from that account it tells me the username/password is invalid.

  I've tried putting the username in quotes so it stays in lowercase (like the OS username), but that didn't help.

  We have C2 security enabled on the system.

  Has anyone got this type of setup working? What's the secret?

  Thanks in advance.

--

Malcolm Dunnett    Malaspina University-College     Email: dunnett_at_mala.bc.ca
Computer Services  Nanaimo, B.C. CANADA V9R 5S5       Tel: (250)755-8738

        "OpenVMS is today what Microsoft wants Windows NT v8.0 to be!"
           posted on www.openvms.digital.com on or about Sep 22,1998
                           Quashed on Sep 23,1998