ORA-00020 ERROR

From: vijay lakhanpal <VLAKHANPAL_at_HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 19:00:51 -0800

We have installed oracle 8 on win nt.

development is going on in d2k.

One module is up. as we are also using novell i.e. our older software parallely, we are not using much of nt at present.

Problem goes like this.

Suppose I up the nt server and oracle at 9.00 am. we do not work on nt or oracle till about 11 am.

then if i try to login into my module by entering the login/password. error message appears

no. of maximum processes exceeded. current no. of processes is 150.

as noticed in instance manager, no of sessions shows 88 or a figure lager than 70. most of the sessions are in system account where as no one login as system

in the name of my login 2/3 sessions exist. then the no of processes increase to 150 and error appears.

   -**** Posted from remarQ, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****- http://www.remarq.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet Received on Mon Jan 04 1999 - 21:00:51 CST