Re: Checkpoint not complete

From: Pat Minnis <pminnis_at_maverick.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:24:40 -0600

Besides the other suggestions, consider the following:

  1. At times you as the DBA do some very intensive operations. You probably want to ignore the message at these times.
  2. The larger a redo-log is, the longer it will take to archive it.
  3. The larger a redo-log is, the longer it will take to write dirty buffers. If you use very large redo-logs, you may want to consider causing checkpoints at more than just the default log switch times.