Re: NT vs Unix

From: Dan Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 11:56:09 -0800

> >>I need some documentation on comparison of Oracle on NT and Unix. There
> >>are many articles about NT or Unix but they are not comparison. Do you
> >>know where can I get this information?

I can not tell you where to get a written comparison except to suggest a phone call to Oracle. What I can tell you, from my experience as a DBA on both systems, is that I wouldn't put a text file on NT if I had the option of putting it on a decently administered Unix box.

NT is less secure
NT is less stable
NT is not Y2K compliant
NT is not as scalable
NT is slower
NT has nothing to compare with shell scripting NT's upgrade path in a few years will be a nightmare.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Jan 04 1999 - 13:56:09 CST