too many local sessions in global transaction

From: Oliver Niesen <oliver_at_allpayments.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:53:22 -0800

during our year end processing i keep getting ora-2045 ( too many sessions at this site for this transaction). currently my only recourse is to do a dbshut/dbstart and continue.

i am currently running oracle 7.1.4.1.0 under solaris 2.3 with sqlnet v1 (i know i am in the dark ages and its probably part of the problem) and relatively new to oracle. any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance! Received on Mon Jan 04 1999 - 12:53:22 CST