possible to use OO4O and Oracle 7.5 together?????

From: Morten Overgaard <morten_at_albatros.dk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 14:47:58 +0100

HI

I'm quite new to the Oracle thing, but skilled in sql server 6.5 and DB2 from IBM.

  1. Is it possible to use OO4O to connect to an oracle 7.5 database from ASP????
  2. Can anyone explain the "Instance" term on oracle. When you work with SQL-Server you create different databases on the same server. Is the term "instance" on Oracle the same as a database on SQL server ie. do you create an instance for every database you set up???? - see i'm quite confused. It's like Oracle has put another abstraction layer on top of the database layer as I know it from DB2 and SQL-server.. So what is an Instance?? - and is it possible to have several databases running in the same instance????

regards Morten Received on Mon Jan 04 1999 - 07:47:58 CST