Job Advise Needed !

From: Kenny Lim <Pokalulu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 23:07:10 -0800

Hi Guys.

I have just recently graduated from my Oracle8 DBA certification and also CIS certification from Berkeley Extension. I am now currently seeking for a entry level position in the Oracle DBA environment as a fresh graduate.
It seems very tough as most DBA requires extensive experience in the industry - esp. in the silicon valley.

Could anyone please advise or tell me what would be the best position to seek for with the current basic knowledge that I have acquired in the course. Any advise would be very much appreciated.

? Performed DB configurations, including monitoring DB, security, managing
spaces, backup and recovery. Implemented DB migration tuning and optimizing Oracle 8.04.

? Created a sales transaction DB, including designing forms and reports with
SQL and Developer 2000.

? Analyzed and designed a diet plan DB with Access 97.

? Performed system consultation for Williard Jr. High School in developing a
network environment.

? Performed business analysis for Satay House Restaurant in achieving system
automation, including cost analysis and business plan proposal.

Computer Skills :

? Oracle 8.04, Dev2k - Forms & Reports
? SQL/SQL*Plus *Currently learning PL
? Unix, Advance System Analysis and Design
? RedHat, Slackware 3.5 Linux OS
? NT 4.0, Win95, MS office 97 & MS Basic
? Visio Professional 5.0

Thanks a lot.

Ken Received on Mon Jan 04 1999 - 01:07:10 CST