Need urgent help with Oracle triggers

From: Damon Nicholas <so_excited_at_excite.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 09:47:24 +0800

Hi, i'm very new in Oracle triggers (in fact in anything that is Oracle) and is encountering some problems with them.

I tried to create an Oracle trigger on a table but it did not work properly. According to my DBA, the trigger did not fired because the end-users access the table through views and i am pretty confused. The view on the table is a simple one i.e. one view for one table.

My question is can i by giving rights to both the table and view to the user, get the trigger to fire off when an insert SQL statement is executed that writes a new record to a view? Received on Sun Jan 03 1999 - 19:47:24 CST