Re: Database creation parameters

From: Wasim Hamwi <whamwi_at_bright.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 00:31:43 -0800

James

I don't think you can get the values of the MAXLOGFILES, MAXDATAFILES from v$paramters. These are the values which specified at database creation. You would need to backup control file to trace and look into the trace file to find out the values of these paramters. These paramters ca not be changed unless you recreate the control file which can be done since the trace file will provide you with the script to recreate the control file. Check it out.

Thanks;

Wasim