Re: What is staging area of Oracle8 for Linux?

From: Lewis Foti <lewis.foti_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 09:37:14 -0000

Mark

You should set ORACLE_BASE to the root directory where you are going to install Oracle, (something like /data1/d01/app/oracle) and ORACLE_HOME to the specific product release directory which is contained within ORACLE_BASE (assuming you have already defined ORACLE_BASE this would be $ORACLE_BASE/product/8.0.5).

regards

Lewis