EXP/IMP WE8ISO8859P1/US7ASCII issues

From: Sanjay Hans <sanhans_at_mbox5.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 22:26:07 +0800

I have a oracle 7.3 database on Unix which was created with US7ASCII character set and a Oracle 7.3 database on NT 4.0 which was created with WE8ISO8859P1 character set. We used this character sets because on Unix OS US7ASCCII is the default character set and on Windows NT WE8ISO8859P1 is the default character set.
 The problem which I am facing is, I can take export backup from Oracle 7.3 (US7ASCII character set) on Unix and import it on Oracle 7.3 (WE8ISO8859P1 character set ) on NT 4.0 but I am not able to do the other way, i.e. take export backup from Oracle 7.3 (WE8ISO8859P1 character set ) on NT 4.0 and import it on Oracle 7.3 (US7ASCII character set) on Unix. Should I create Oracle database on NT 4.0 with US7ASCII character set? Would appreciate your help/suggestions. Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Jan 01 1999 - 08:26:07 CST