VEry slow Export since Re-install

From: <rich_tefft_at_tst.tracor.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:53:27 GMT

Oracle Server 7.2.3 on solaris 2.5.1, 4x100mhz CPU, 340Mb RAM. We recently reinstalled the Oracle software and Solaris, since then exports are running about 1/5th normal speed. With the machine all to myself and a buffer size of 100k, it takes 15-20 secs per EMPTY table. Same problem for both instances on the machine (same Oracle Home), whether I do a User or Database export. No trace files or errors seen for Oracle of Solaris. I am getting the full use of the machine. Normal DB operations are unaffected and normal speed. I have tried different disks for the output file, no affect. Segment fragmentation is relatively low, but that should not affect empty tables anyway. Larger tables with data take much longer also.

Since the database structure was unchanged, I suspect something in the Oracle SW or Unix... but the problem is limited to exports. (have not tried imports). Any help will be very much appreciated!

Rich Tefft
rich_tefft_at_tst.tracor.com