connecting to database using odbc

From: <fm_at_klaatu.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 20:06:52 GMT

Hi, I am trying to connect to a oracle 8.0.4 from my home machine that is connected to campus using TCP/IP. Once I have the connection, I am not sure how to configure the odbc side to connect to the oracle server. I have downloaded the odbc drivers from technect.oracle.com and have had no success. I have "played" around with ODBC32 admin, trying to basically set the server name,password, connect string (which I am still not sure what it is), but none of this has helped. If any one can give me a few pointers, I will really appreciate it. Please note that I am using WinNT 4.0 from home.

Farooq