Re: Executable not found newbie question (Oracle/Linux)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 20:31:32 +0100

Hi David,

Looks like the $ORACLE_HOME/bin directory is not in the path, nor is the current directory. You can verify this by a cd to $ORACLE_HOME/bin and issuing the command ./svrmgrl
If that works you have proof.
Try verifying the $PATH variable also by echo $PATH. To add the correct directory issue
PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
On other unix ports there is a small shell script to take care of this called oraenv.
Usually it is located in the local bin directory, either /usr/lbin or /usr/local/bin.
I don't know whether this applies to the Linux port also.

Hope this helps and don't forget to keep up the good work with your web site!

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA