Re: NT/OracleTNSLister NT Service Errors

From: Gerald Winslow <winslow_at_intermetrics.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:17:44 GMT

I had the same problem after installing O8 on WinNT 4. In short, my problem involved the address the listener was listening to. The log file said it was already taken. (The log is the (I think) LISTENER.LOG file.)

Here's how I fixed it. (BTW, I have no idea if this is the "preferred" method.)

  1. Check the log file to see which address is being balked at.
  2. Bring LISTENER.ORA into Notepad.exe.
  3. Delete the offending address.
  4. Restart WinNT.
  5. Start the service.