Re: Oracle 8 and sqlnet v1 compatibility

From: Mark Lind <marklind_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 17:02:47 GMT

On 29 Dec 1998 18:36:08 PST, Rich Woods <rawoods_at_concentric.net> wrote:

>No, you can't directly connect to Oracle8 via SQL*Net V1 as the V1 code
>was long ago removed from the kernel. You can, however, use Oracle7 7.1
>as an intermediary as it supports both SQL*Net V1 and V2.

Actually, we had this same situation here on our Netware platform, at my company. Oracle 7.2 was the last version under Netware that was able to support the SQL*NET V1 AND V2 modules. I was careful to upgrade all our V1 apps to version 2 before I upgraded to Oracle 8 on a sun platform under Solaris.

Version 7.3 dropped the sqlnet v1 entirely, so we were halted at 7.2 until we could get everything converted. I figured we might as well get a real operating system at the same time. 8-)

Mark
-+-+-+-+-
Mark W. Lind
marklind_at_pacbell.net Received on Wed Dec 30 1998 - 11:02:47 CST