Re: Truncate in stored procedure

From: <andrewf_at_jaredgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:05:33 GMT

Thank you all for the answers. I did not know that 'Truncate' is a DDL. I thought it was like a DML (delete without log). I am curious about the reason it is treated as a DDL by PL/SQL and would appreciate it if you guys have some explanation. Does it change some internal structure or what? Also, does it issue a 'Commit' as other DDL do, if it does not log its deletes?