Re: INTERNAL Password problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 12:59:00 +0100

Use the orapwd utility to reset the password. The syntax is orapwd file=$ORACLE_HOME/dbs/orapwd<sid> password=... users. Consult the documentation for exact details. Afaik the unix implementation, if Oracle has been installed correctly using user oracle group dba, anyone in the dba group will be able to connect as internal automatically.
BTW: if you want to use the password file the remote_password_file parameter in init<sid>.ora should be set to exclusive, or you will not be able to grant sysdba or sysoper privileges to 'normal' users.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA