Connection to NT Oracle Server v7.3.2.2.1 takes too long

From: Stéphane Ramet <sramet_at_nmg.fr>
Date: 30 Dec 1998 10:23:06 GMT

We have multiple Oracle Servers v7.3.2.2.1 on our Ethernet TCP/IP network, both on Windows NT 4.0 Server and WS.
We access those servers from Windows NT 4.0 WS's. In some cases (Client X to Server Y), logging to the Server is immediate, whereas in most other cases (Client A to Server B) it takes up to 10 minutes to get access to the server, using any client tool (sql*plus, sqlldr73, etc.).
It seems that the problem depends on the Cleint's configuration. Any idea what parameters we have wrong on our client stations ? Thanks in advance for replies.

Stéphane Ramet
Network Management Tools
sramet_at_nmg.fr Received on Wed Dec 30 1998 - 04:23:06 CST