ORA-1034 when connecting from UNIX with account other than oracle

From: Kirk Cameron <cameron_at_bicnet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 18:51:03 -0500

Here is my configuration:
Host OS: IBM AIX 4.2.1
Oracle: 7.3.4

If logged into AIX as "oracle" the following command suceeds:

sqlplus scott/tiger

if I "su kcameron" (since there is not a "-" I still have all the envirnment variable from the oracle account)

sqlplus scott/tiger

I get: ora 1034 - oracle not available.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Kirk Received on Tue Dec 29 1998 - 17:51:03 CST