ANNOUNCEMENT: Ohio Oracle Users Group Meeting

From: Joseph S. Testa <news-maybe-spam_at_oracle-dba.com>
Date: 1998/12/28

Here is the info on the OOUG meeting in January of '99.

Date: Thursday January 21, 1999.
Location: Alliance Data Systems – Gahanna OH. Host: Alliance Data Systems
Directions: I-270(East Side of Columbus) to Hamilton Rd Exit. Go East onto Hamilton Rd.
Turn right onto Taylor Rd. Follow that until Techcenter Dr. Turn left onto Techcenter Dr. Alliance Data Systems is located at 800 Techcenter Dr.
There will be someone in the lobby to direct you to the meeting room.

Cost: Free for OOUG Members, $10 for Non-Members

Agenda:
 8:30 - 9:00 - Continental Breakfast /Registration.

 9:00 - 9:15 - General Meeting.

 9:30 - 12:00 – Harry Liebschutz, HDL Consulting. Harry will give a presentation on physical database design. It will cover taking a logical data model and converting it to a physical database design including sizing and tablespace layout.

12:00 - 1:00 – Lunch.
Thanks to Alliance Data Systems for hosting this meeting and lunch.

1:00 - 2:30 - Oracle Corporation.
Discussion of Oracle 8i.

2:30 - 2:45 - Break.

2:45 - 4:00 - Chandran Gangadharan, Origin Technology in Business. 1st part of a 2 part series on Backup/Recovery, Joe Testa will present the 2nd part at the April meeting.

4:00 - ??? - Social gathering (at place to be determined during meeting).

--
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator
Vice-President Ohio Oracle Users Group, http://www.ooug.org