Re: Recovery problem

From: <jrlopez1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:57:24 GMT

Santhinathan,

Try to recover to a point-in-time:

SVRMGR> recover database until time '1998-11-27:14:00:00';

This is if you want to recover til a certain time of day. This is a point-in-recovery. The date format 'YYYY-MM-DD:HH24:MI:SS'. If you Company can't purchase any tools to make you job easier, than go and purchase the Oracle7 / "Oracle8 DBA HandBook for Oracle Press and look in Chapter 10 Optimal Backup and Recovery Procedures". This book has help me in the past on many occasion.

Good Luck

Juan R. Lopez