multi oracle instances in one machine

From: bjin <jinbo_at_hpsgns1.sgp.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 19:21:47 +0800

Hi,

Kindly give me some guidelines on this.

Within our product framework, there are 3 sub-applications which use Oracle database to store data. Each of them owns a set of tables respectively. These 3 applications run on a single machine.

When implementing system, we have two choices. 1. Create only 1 Oracle database and create tables of 3 applications in 3 different user's schema.
2. Create 3 Oracle databases in 1 machine and create tables in 3 different databases.

Which way is better? What should we consider when choosing from the 2 methods?

The platform is hp9000, hpux 10.x and Oracle 7.3.4. It has 1G memory and 4 cpus.

Thanks

bjin Received on Mon Dec 28 1998 - 05:21:47 CST