Re: Oracle8 on Linux Installation Q

From: <xux_at_informa.caltech.edu>
Date: 27 Dec 1998 16:10:52 GMT

Larry, I had the same problem in creating a database. Could you post or email me (xux_at_its.caltech.edu) how you did it? What is the script that creates the database? Thanks a lot!

 Larry Morley <lmorley_at_albany.net> wrote:
: Forget the mount point stuff. The problem was in that the installer
: wasn't creating the control files, etc. After hacking the .sql
: scripts to create the thing I got a database created, anyway.
: Connectivity is another problem (for tomorrow).

: If anyone has a list of the utilities, though, I'd still very much
: appreciate it - under NT, I got used to stuff like "oradim80",
: "lsnrctl80", "svrmgr30" etc. I'm sure they're here; just not sure
: what they're called.

: - Larry