Database trigger on AFTER UPDATE with Procedure Bldr.

From: <bdickey_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 14:48:59 GMT

I'm trying to use Procedure Builder to create an AFTER UPDATE database trigger which replaces a column value with a value contained in another table. Let's say I'm building the trigger on Table1 on a column called entry_id. The trigger checks another column in Table1 called Descrip1. When Descrip1 is null, I want to UPDATE the Descrip1 with a value from Table2. Table 1 and Table 2 are joined by entry_id, which is the primary key for Table1. I'm using Procedure Builder, so I've got Table1 and entry_id selected, with a WHEN NEW.DESCRIP1 IS NULL condition specified. The trigger body looks like this, but returns an error of too many rows selected DECLARE descr VARCHAR(2); BEGIN select descrip2 into descr from TABLE2; INSERT into Table1(descrip1) values(descr); END;