Verifying links..

From: Carlos Jofre Jr. <cjofre_at_gate.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 12:33:57 -0500

Hello,

I am currently writting an application to automatically load data form one
instance to another. We have links set up across the two. I have been asked to
check for the status of the link PRIOR to running any PL/SQL stuff.

They need to know when the links maybe down.. and alert the appropriate people.

Has anyone out there done this WITHOUT having to specify a user/password when connecting to the DB.
Due to security issues, they do not want to see a script out there with a production password in it...

I have been successful with a script that does contain the user/password so
I may end up doing this anyway, and giving the prod user rwx------ access to this script. That is, if there is not other way... Environment:
UNIX HP-UX B.10.20/ ORACLE7 7.3.3.5.1 All the best!

C. Jofre. Received on Thu Dec 24 1998 - 11:33:57 CST