Re: Getting list of databases

From: <moab_at_emirates.net.ae>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 16:14:14 GMT

In article <cinnibarF4G23L.I7r_at_netcom.com>,   cinnibar_at_netcom.com (Jeff Wood) wrote:
> Is it possible for a user connected to an Oracle database (say,
> with dba privs), to gain a listing of all databases served by this server?
>
> I'm looking for an equivilent command to the Sybase SQL 'sp_helpdb'

Unlike Sybase, SQL Server, and Ingres, a Oracle database lives within its own environment (an instance). Normally, one instance serves one database in Oracle. No concept of the master database. Therefore, I think it is not possible, or I should say, not as straight forward to get the listing you are referring to. --
Nabil Courdy
moab_at_emirates.net.ae