connection problem in Pro*c

From: Zhao Fu <scip6125_at_leonis.nus.edu.sg>
Date: 24 Dec 1998 07:01:35 GMT

I am running the sample1 file from $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/ on Sun Unix workstation, however I couldn't connect to the oracle database on system. Later, I found that our connection setting is a non-default connection via Net8. So, I referred to the manual and made the following change to the code:

char username[10] = "scott"; char password[10] = "tiger";
char  db_string[20] = "mcora";       /* my code, "mcora" is the SID*/
EXEC SQL DECLARE DB_NAME DATABASE;                      /* my code*/
EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password AT DB_NAME USING
:db_string;               /* I appended the AT ... USING ... phrase*/

However, when I ran the program, it seemed that I could connect to the database, but I couldn't execute any SQL command after that(e.g. SELECT).
The error code is ORA-01012: not logged on. The following is the output message:

Connected to ORACLE as user: scott

Enter employee number (0 to quit): 2345

ORACLE error--

ORA-01012: not logged on

I wonder if it is a still problem with the Oracle connection. Could anybody give me some advice?

TIA
--
Zhao Fu
National University of Singapore