NUMA-Q+V7.3+different type CPU's:possible?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_acay.com.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 17:53:22 +1100

Hi all.

With a NUMA-Q architecture, can we run different classes of CPU boards and still use ORACLE V7.3 with parallel query effectively? Say, PentiumII-400 and Pentium PRO-200? Seems to me this would be the rough equivalent of changing priorities on different ORACLE processes in a homogeneous CPU system, a practice that I always heard was frowned upon.

Has anyone been through this? Comments? Needs to be a heavily used system, with lots and lots of parallel queries and multiple ORACLE instances. Just being able to startup ORACLE in a system like this is not proof the thing is stable, I'm afraid...

Thanx in advance for any feedback.
Merry Christmas too.
--
Cheers