Re: Database server: Why Windows NT does not support command-line option???

From: Randy Kaelber <randyk_at_shell.one.net>
Date: 1998/12/23

Tony Rogerson (tonyrogerson_at_compuserve.com) wrote:
: On the times where I've had to work 15 - 20 hours fixing a system and had to
: do most of the work on the server I'm incredibly grateful for the GUI.

Personally, GUIs get in my way to fix many problems, but to each his or her own, I say.

: Please, in future, keep your advertising somewhere else that doesn't offend
: people here who are working.

Here's my favorite part in a message full of lunacy:

: Dev_Al <alavoor_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
: news:367E8F5B.E3618C55_at_yahoo.com...

: >I do not want this planet earth to waste time for another 100
: >years writing "C" code. All we want is only ONE excellent system
: >like LINUX and drop all others to save time!!

I don't know how to break it to this guy that Linux is written in C.

Drop my Windows based applications running on 8,000 seats to save time?!? Yeah, right. This guy needs to buy a clue. Linux rocks, verily, but it's *NOT* a panacea.

I do not want this planet earth to waste time for another 100 years growing food. All we want are robotic farms in orbit to drop food like manna from heaven, and drop terrestrial farming to same time!! So, what are we waiting for?

Randy Received on Wed Dec 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CST