Re: Input truncated to 28 characters

From: Ernie Juanengo <juanengo_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 02:51:55 GMT

I get this message when I use a certain text editor to compose my sql file. I sometimes forget to insert a CR-LF at the end of the last line of code. When I run the sql using the @ command, I get this message. Check if this is what's causing it for you. If so, solution is just to edit the sql file, go to the end of the file, hit enter, save the file, then run the sql again.

If you can't get rid of it, this is just a warning anyway. Oracle still recognizes the line. It's just telling you that it assumed the line ends after 28 characters because absolutely nothing follows it. Received on Wed Dec 23 1998 - 20:51:55 CST