Can you connect to a remote server via jdbcthin applet ?

From: <tedchyn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 20:57:07 GMT

Sir, I have problem running sample program(JdbcApplet) provided by oracle JDBCthin. I only see the push botton on the screen and database connection was not executed at all. I read from oracle tech support stating you can not use applet and JDBCthin to connect to a remote database. Is this true ?

I use the same jdbcthin to run "Java <class name>" and able to connect to the same remote database.

Thanks in advance.

Ted chyn(tedchyn_at_yahoo.com).