Re: Multiple event triggers on a table - bug solved?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:48:21 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Teus van Lingen <tvlingen_at_sqlla.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:59:45 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We use a package that employs multiple insert/update triggers on one
>table. For instance '...trg1..before insert on test' and
>'...trg2..before insert on test'. In earlier versions of the O7 server,
>a bug existed that caused such multiple triggers not to fire at all or
>one would fire, while the other did not etc. I agree that this is not
>particularly neat programming, but we did not program it and have to
>live with it.
>
>Question is: does anyone know whether and in which version of the
>database this bug is solved?

can you supply more information (like a bug number). I've not heard of this issue. I do know that in v7.0 -- multiple same type triggers weren't supported but from 7.1 on they should work.

>Regards,
>Teus

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Wed Dec 23 1998 - 08:48:21 CST