Re: Stored Procedure use with Oracle Objects for OLE

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:16:47 +0100

Jim Creson schrieb:

> Folks,
> I'm having quite a problem trying to figure out how to call an
> Oracle stored procedure from a VB6 application, using Oracle objects
> for OLE. I guess that I am spoiled by M$ $QL $erver in that I can
> return a recordset using ADO or RDO, but this one has me talking to
> myself. Can anyone show me some code example to call the Oracle
> stored procedure from VB? Should I be using dbCreateDynaset or
> dbExecuteSQL? Or am I just totally lost here. Any help would be much
> more than I have been able to find in the docs.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jim Creson
> Keane Inc.
> Albany, NY

Hi Jim,

it's depending on the things you want to do!

Just calling a SP use 'dbExecuteSQL', for getting rows back from the SP (via REF CURSOR) you'll need 'CreatePLSQLDynaset'. Take a look at the 'vb\sample' folder. Good example for returning rows: folder 'Plsqlcur'.

HTH
Matthias
--
Matthias.Gresz_at_Privat.Post.DE