Re: Database server: Why Windows NT does not support command-line option???

From: Kurt Wall <kwall_at_xmission.com>
Date: 1998/12/22

[Newsgroups trimmed, Followup set]

Using recycled bits, Dev_Al blurted out:
%Why Windows NT does not support command-line option?

It does.

%This could be ideal for servers like database servers,
%Web servers, email servers, news servers, file servers, DNS servers,
%etc...
%Microsoft should have provided the option to start or NOT to start
%the GUI windows in Win95/NT with a command like - "startwin"

They did for Windows9x.

%Visit immediately -
%http://aldev. 8m. com (Main site)
%http://aldev. webjump. com (Mirror site)

I did. Claptrap and folderol.

%Remove the spaces in-between to visit the site.
%The reason for spaces is - if I post the URL it is being blocked (for
%some
%unknown reasons). I tried several times with alt.test and alt.test.d
%but no luck (You can also try to post this URL (aldev. 8m. com)
%to alt.test to see if it is coming up).

Go away. Please.

%The father of LINUX (Mr. Linus Trovalds) never knew and never
%expected that his system will STORM the United States of America!!

Bet me that he imagined it, though.

%The future is Atomic Physics of our universe and other dimensions
%outside our universe. At some point in future, software technology will
%slow
%down and Atomic physics will be the main focus.

Huh? What are you smoking/drinking/eating/injecting, now?

%"Open source code" is a American National Standard (perhaps even
%International Standard).

Not on this planet, but, then again, YOU don't seem to be on this planet.

%If it is not "open source" than it is some garbage which can be
%dropped in a black hole to be completely disintegrated and converted
%into atoms of other dimensions.

Have I just been trolled?

--
Kurt Wall
Boss to employee:  "It's called 'delegation of authority,' not 'picking