Re: SQLPlus Mystery

From: Babette Turner-Underwood <babettet_at_you.cant.spam.me>
Date: 1998/12/22

fumi wrote in message <75lii9$ail$1_at_news.seed.net.tw>...

>Rick ¼¶¼g©ó¤å³¹ <367A2A7C.187D_at_nospam.btinternet.com>...
>>Afraid I know nothing about SQLWorksheet, but is it possible that it
>>treats nulls differently from SQLPlus? Count(*) will include rows
>>which are null
>

>It can't happen.
>
>SQL*Plus and SQL Worksheet are just "TOOLS".
>They don't participate the internal engine of Oracle.
>Image that, if what you said is true, it's too horrendous.
>We may be anxiety and skeptical that whether the same SQL
>statements in VB, VC++, Delphi... will alway get the same results.
>We may waste tremendous time in debuging and verifying the results.

I agree that NULLs should be handled the same way. One similar thing that happened to me is that we had a corrupt index and SELECT and SELECT COUNT(*) returned different results. You could try re-building the indexes and see if there is still a problem.

Although this may not be the problem, it cannot hurt anything to try.

--
Babette Turner-Underwood, TMI Communications
babettet_at_tmi.ca.NOSPAM (remove appropriate part to e-mail me)