Re: can't logon as SYSDBA ....

From: <oscar_at_iscpg.po.my>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 01:33:04 GMT

In order for you to logon as SYSDBA on Oracle 8.0.4, there are few things that you need to set. First in the INIT.ORA file you need to have the line remote_login_password=exclusive. If you running under the UNIX platform, you need to create the password file under the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory. To create the passowrd file run the following command.

   $> orapwd file=$ORACLE_HOME/dbs/orapw<SID> password=<password>

      entries=<no.of users who will be granted SYSDBA or SYSOPER>

Restart your database, connect as SYSTEM or SYS, grant SYSDBA or SYSOPER to the users.

--
Oscar Koay
Systems Engineer